- Фотогалерија од средбата Металург – ПрилепPublished before 1 month
- Металург убедлив против екипата на ПрилепPublished before 1 month
- Металург го утврди датумот, терминот и местото на одигрување на средбата со Спачва во СкопјеPublished before 1 month
- Фото: Металург го одржа својот вечерен тренинг на игралиштето кај “Женска“ плажаPublished before 1 month
- Металург пристигна во Струга, сите тестови на нашите ракометари се негативниPublished before 1 month
THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: THE GERMAN DANIEL STEPHAN IS THE UNLUCKIEST PLAYER ON ALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
The German world handball legend Daniel Stephan (41) is considered the unluckiest player of all in the history of the world championships. In 1998, he became the first German player to be IHF’s player of the year. In his career, he has won the silver medal on the 2004 Olympic Games and the bronze and gold medal from the European Championships in 1998 and 2004, respectively. He was part of the All Star team on the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens and MVP of EURO 1998 in Italy and EURO 2004 in Slovenia.
Still, the unfortunate Stephan is the only player who has been IHF’s player of the year, but has not been part of any World Championship, although he was in the mighty German squad. The injuries kept him off the world championships in 1999, 2001, 2003, and 2005, and he withdrew from the German national team in 2006, one year before Germany, as a host, won the gold medal on the 2007 World Championship.
Today, Stephan works as a commentator in the German TV channel Sport 1.
Source: Qatar 2015 official website.